Outreach / Support Worker (Bank Staff)
£12 - £19 per hour
Reference Number: SECCR/0206
To promote the personal, educational, emotional health and wellbeing, creative and social developments of young people, helping them reach their full potential. Helping to provide safe and supportive services where young people can learn to:
- Build confidence/self-esteem and resilience
- Treat themselves and others with kindness and respect
- Discover exciting new ideas and activities they may not experience anywhere else
- Laugh, learn, make mistakes and thrive
- Grow into motivated, positive, resilient and caring young people
Ongoing CPD and training opportunities will be offered to successful candidates.
Please note that this role will be offered as a self-employment opportunity and successful candidates will need to be registered for tax self-assessment.
- Can communicate effectively and respectfully with the young person/s, their parents/carers and all members of the multi-agency team where necessary/appropriate.
- Adapts communication methods as required for young person’s e.g. sensory impairments such as hearing loss, speech and language difficulties.
- Recording of information of work carried out at any given session on the appropriate systems.
- Answers the telephone and assists young person and other individuals with their enquiries in a polite and professional manner ensuring a positive impression of Shine ECCR and self.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role in the delivery of high quality care and support.
- Demonstrate and understand the safeguarding procedures and of the possible reasons for complaints and works in a manner which minimises such events seeking the support /guidance of the multi-agency team and Shine ECCR management.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and report changes or concerns in relation to the young person’s wellbeing to the multi-agency team and Shine ECCR management in a timely manner.
Shine ECCR operates a Safer Recruitment policy and offers of employment will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and thorough checks of references.background checks.
To apply, please email your completed application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org.